Saturday, 30 May 2009


I've been having a play with my Tim Holtz Distress Inks, with help from his fab technique demo videos.
This first card uses Aged Mahogany and Tattered Rose Distress Inks and a bronze Mica powder - you can see the technique here. His demo uses Perfect Pearls but I haven't got any so I used my bog standard Mica powders instead!
The main image is a stamp from the Stamptivity Bella Panels Dragonfly set with some Fired Brick Distress Stickles and Copper Stickles. The swirly stamp is Autumn Leaves "Flourish with dots". The papers are from a Digital set called Tutti Frutti from Nana's Attic. Finally the card was finished with some Prima flowers and Swarovski crystals for some extra sparkle (because sometimes Stickles just aren't enough!).

This next card uses another stamp from the set above, as well as the same swirly stamp. The background for the main image was "distressed" using Antique Linen and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks. The image itself was stamped with Antique Linen and embossed with Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress Embossing Powder. A few of the stars I then highlighted with Scattered Straw Distress Stickles. The swirly image was stamped with Peeled Paint Distress Ink and highlighted with some Lime Green Stickles. The patterned paper is from the Limeade digital kit from here, and a Prima flower and some Papermania adhesive stones finished it off.

I've enjoyed doing these two cards, the distressing was fun, though a little messy!
I'll be back with some more cards tomorrow - I've entered the Greetings Farm Summer Gardener DT call, I don't think I'll be selected but it "forced" me (ahem) to spend the whole day crafting and I now have some of my cards made for the next few birthdays!

Tuesday, 19 May 2009

Change of Scene

A while since my last post... I've been moving all my craft stuff into a different bedroom to make room for the baby - I suppose it needs somewhere to sleep! As a consequence I've not been able to do anything creative for a while. I managed to get some cards made this weekend though.

This first card uses a Pink Petticoat image - the shoe has been Glossy Accented to make it stand out. The papers came from the Summertime Designs blog, and the flowers are Flora Doodles from the Joanna Sheen website. I used some glimmer chalks to highlight around the shoe image - it doesn't come across in my rubbish picture though!

This card also uses an image from Pink Petticoat which has been Glossy Accented and Stickled for some glitteriness! The papers are also from Pink Petticoat. I added a border using a Fiskers border punch. I'm not sure where the ribbons and feather are from but they're pretty generic really!
I'm aiming to be organised and get lots of cards made over the next few months before the baby is born so hopefully I will be a better blogger and post more than once every 2 months!