Sunday 21 March 2010

My First Easel Card!

I've had a lovely last couple of days, the weather hasn't been too bad, Connor has been in fine form (despite me spotting his first tooth coming through!) and I treated myself to Final Fantasy XIII, which I've been eagerly anticipating the release of for ages. - I also have the Dancing on Ice tour next month to look forward too! It'll be lovely to spend a few days with my folks and I'm sure they're excited about spending some time with Connor, who is currently pulling Amy's ears while she investigates him for ricecake crumbs!
Anyway, the challenge this week at Just Magnolia is to make an easel card. I haven't made one yet so thought this was an excellent opportunity. I've also followed the sketch at Passion for ProMarkers.




The image is Tilda with Sunflower, coloured with PMs and Stickled. I don't have any Nestabilities but was sent the bottom mount when I bought something from ebay - the top layer (with Tilda on) was cut out using a Fiskers shape cutter template. I never really got away with using the shape cutter itself so just drew the shape using the template and cut it out with scissors! Everything on the card was distressed with Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint and/or Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks, including the lace ribbon which was white. I think the distressing brings all of the papers together nicely. It all went quite smoothly for my first easel card, next time though I need to remember that the back of the card can be seen - I'd wrapped the lace round then realised you could see it on the back and it didn't look very nice so had to mount it on white card. Never mind, I know for next time!

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Great card love the colours and yes can't wait to see you and Connor x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maz, what a pretty card. The image is adorable and I love the papers. The distressing looks amazing and the colour scheme is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these papers are beautiful. Great Tilda image to go with them. You have done a great job on your fist easel card. hugs Shelley

    Please pop by and visit me on my blog - thanks

    http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gorgeous card, great colours and sweet image.
    Hugs Sas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card. thanks for joining PFP this week
    Love sarah (GDT) XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such a gorgeous card Maz. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Thanks for joining us this week at PFP. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely card Maz
    thanks for joining us at pfp this week and good luck
    Debbi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow Maz what a beautiful first time easel card, so pretty too...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x