Friday 2 May 2014

Christmas Tree O Christmas Tree...

What do you mean, Christmas is finished? OK, so I only finished these yesterday but hey ho, if you want to do something similar you have a whole year to make them :)

Browsing through Pinterest (as you do) I spotted some green and white Christmas trees, very simple patterns - stripes, dots etc and thought I could make something similar. Unlike most other things I find on Pinterest, I got started straight away!

First off I cut some basic tree shapes from a cardboard box bound for the recycling bin. I cut two of each shape to give them a bit of thickness...


Then I tore up some of the brown packing paper that came in the box and stuck it all over the sandwiched together trees to give them some more strength and give myself a nice surface it work on...


Next I covered them in gesso and painted them with Limelight Fresco Finish paint from PaperArtsy. I then drew lines across the trees - after much indecisiveness I decided to make them all striped but to vary the width of the stripes on each tree. 
Each tree was then sponged with Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint, followed by Green Olives. Not too much Green Olives though as this is more opaque than the other two paints and I didn't want to totally obliterate what was already there...


This was followed by some stamping using the music score stamp from Tim Holtz Mini Holidays 2....
 
 

And then some green ink splats...
 
 

And some snowflakes from the same stamp set, stamped using Snowflake Fresco Finish paint...
 
 

Next, to neaten up the light stripes I painted over them again with Snowflake and then Limelight paints again. Obviously if I'd been thinking ahead then I'd have masked them off, but I was kind of winging it!
I finished each section off with Tim Holtz rub-ons, Distress Stickles, gilding flakes, Perfect Pearls and doodles...
 
 

 
 
 

All ready to go for next Christmas lol

2 comments:

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x