Sunday 21 June 2009

No work for a whole year!

Hurrah! It was my last day in work on Friday before my maternity leave started. It was a little bit strange, as I've never been away from work for more than a few weeks but I'm sure once the baby arrives I won't be giving work a second thought! We got some Mothercare vouchers from all my workmates - they were all very generous and we had a lovely night out to celebrate my last day!

The baby seems to be particularly active at the moment and I'm constantly marvelling at the limbs that keep sticking out of the side of my tummy!


Anyway, two cards to show you today. My card making mojo seems to have temporarily left the building and I haven't been that happy with the last few cards I've made but I was happy enough with these two to take pictures of them!


Firstly a card for our friends' engagement. He proposed on holiday in Spain and they're so excited that the venue is already booked for next year!



Supplies used: Image - Anya & Ian digital stamp from the Greetings Farm, coloured with Promarkers and accented with Black Diamond Stickles and Glossy Accents, Papers - Summertime Designs Energy kit, Ribbon - free with a magazine (can't remember which one but have had it for ages!), Papermania adhesive stones, Prima flowers, Lettering - Doodlebug Candy Shoppe Ladybug mini rub-ons.

Second, a card for my Grandad's birthday. I really struggle with men's cards as I like to finish off my cards with a few flowers, glitter and crystals - not always so good for a man's card!


Supplies used: Papers - Summertime Designs Energy kit, Image - Inkadinkadoo Rubber Stamp, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads - Black Soot, Dusty Concord, Faded Jeans, Broken China & Antique Linen, Ribbon - Inspirations, Brads - Making Memories Metallic Basics Mini Circle, Crystals (couldn't resist!).

Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x