Sunday 2 December 2012

Major catch up!

Oh my poor neglected blog!

A fair bit to catch up on lol...

Firstly, the circle journal I was taking part in came to a close in July.

Here is the page I did for Tracey, whose favourite book is "The Book Thief". I haven't read it but thanks to the joys of the internet I found a quote that I thought I could work with. I wasn't sure how this page would go down as it's a bit different but I liked it!

 
And the accompanying tag.

 
And my last page (apart from the final page in my own journal) was for Catherine. Catherine loves the BFG so I had a go at some drawing...

 
And the tag...

 
So as this was the end of our journals we had decided to meet up for the final exchange of journals. We're dotted about all over the country so we met roughly in the middle in Harrogate, home of AFTH (no coincidence!). Unfortunately Tracey and Janey couldn't make it  but the remaining eight of us had a whale of a time! Lots of laughter and a class with Dyan at AFTH made for an unforgettable weekend. Most of us are starting another journal in the New Year which, after our little break, we're all looking forward to.
 
Here are a couple of cards too using images from the Octopode Factory...
 

 
I'm in the process of moving all my crafty stuff from the spare room into our bedroom (which needed decorating first) so there hasn't been a whole lot of crafting round here recently - hence my absence. Hopefully I can resume normal service soon!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry only just spotted this post, but just for the record - I LOVE my pages, thankyou they are gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is some amazing work. Great stiff!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x