Wednesday 9 February 2011

New stamps!

I bought some of the new Leanne Ellis/Sugar Nellie stamps a few weeks ago and finally had a play with them over the weekend. I also decided to have a go at stamping and colouring them with Distress Inks - think I did ok for my first time!


This card was stamped with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink. I then just used a wet paintbrush to push some of the ink around to colour her hair and to pick out some of the features of the image. I then edged the image with some Stickles and added a rose which I sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer mist. The papers are from a pack I picked up in Costco a while ago, I scuffed the edges up a bit and added some Perfect Pearls. The flower is from the October ScrapaGoGo kit - Enchanted Woods.



For this card I stamped with Black Soot Distress Ink then coloured with various "vintagey" colours. The papers are from the November ScrapaGoGo kit - Attic Treasures. The ribbon is also from the same kit - I love this ribbon and need to find more! As before the edges of the papers were scuffed and Perfect Pearled and I added some Stickles to the edge of the image.

I have two more of the images from this set and am looking forward to having a play with those too!

Right, off to do some more digi scrapping for my surprise album - my aim was to be finished by next week but I think I may have to re-evaluate that as I'm only halfway through!

2 comments:

  1. Loved My birthday Card. One to keep.
    Mam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card.
    I've just blogged asking for ideas from all you clever paper crafters. Please shout if you can help cos I may well find a little gift for the best idea.
    A x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x