Wednesday 2 February 2011

Cakey cakes

I've finally taken a photo of the card for my friends little boy, you know the one I said I'd show about 2 weeks ago?! We had a few laptop issues this week, our antivirus software went a bit mental and started dumping masses of files into it's "Dump" folder - 70gb worth! Anyway, all fixed now...

The image on this card is from Digistamp Boutique, coloured with ProMarkers as usual. I used Glossy Accents on the window on the rocket and on his helmet, and Stickles on the rocket. The papers and sentiment are from Kirsty Wiseman.


I've been busy in the kitchen today making cupcakes...

Jack Daniels and Coke...


The icing was a bit of a bugger - it has melted chocolate in so you don't have long to work with it. The first few looked really good but the last few - not so good! Hmmm, perhaps I could leave the icing over a pan of hot water to keep the chocolate melted? The recipe is from Eat Me if you want to recreate it - think next time I would use Nigellas Coca Cola cake recipe instead next time as the sponge seems to be moister using that recipe.

Oreo...



A vanilla sponge with broken up Oreos in and a cream cheese icing. The cupcake has an Oreo half in the bottom - don't think I'd do that again as the Oreo stuck to the case. The recipe is from Beantown Baker.

3 comments:

  1. Great card. Yummy looking cakes.Bang goes the diet then !! You have to get a farmer's market stall. They would sell like "hot cakes"!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute! And those cupcakes looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh, your cakes look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I'll do my best to visit you in return. x